I have also added this post to this Wiki, in case you want to expound and guide those who follow – The post just helps me ensure the data doesn’t get spammed-out that easily:
My notes reflect procedural changes brought about by the integration of DFIRM Production Tools.
- Request jurisdiction(s) for existing geodata like new political boundaries and road names for use as base map. Base map geodata must NOT be older than 7 years.
- Request GEOPOP from the MOD team and use it to create an empty DFIRM geodatabase. Use existing political boundaries for its geographic extent.
- GEOPOP creates 3 table types- S (Spatial), L (Lookup) and D (Domain). Edit the main lookup tables:
L_COMM_INFO (community information)
L_SOURCE_CIT (source citation)
L_WTR_NM (hydrographic feature information- stream names etc)
L_STN_START (properties of starting points for stream distance measurements)
- Create panel index and data catalogs
- Georeference, scan and rectify geodata at its recommended scale to capture required floodplain features. Refer to FEMA MSC for full-sized PDFs of FIRM panels.
- DFIRM Production: Summary
- Digital Conversion of FIRMs
- DFIRM Base Map Preparation
- DFIRM Homepage
- CTP Homepage
- CTP Self Assessment Tool
- CTP FTP
- DFIRM Tutorials
- Documents and Software (Appendix L)
- ESRI Data Models
- Relationship Diagram for Standard Submitted DFIRM
- Relationship Diagram for Enhanced Distributed DFIRM
- Standard Submitted DFIRM
- Enhanced Distributed DFIRM
- Multihazard Information Platform
- GIS Water Resources
- Archydro Project
- Google Scholar: DFIRM